Welcome to the Canada Arab Business Council
The CABC is Canada’s only not-for-profit association focussed exclusively on bringing the Canadian and Arab business communities together. We advise governments in Canada and Arab countries on policies to facilitate and expand two-way trade and investment. We further support our members by organising missions to the Arab region, receiving incoming delegations, and hosting conferences to provide information about the latest business opportunities and insights into relevant political-economic developments in Arab countries.
In the past 12 months the Council has:
- Added 32 new members, including our first 6 Arab companies;
- Signed partnership agreements with Canadian Business Councils in Dubai and Abu Dhabi, and in Algeria;
- Hosted 3 major conferences in Canada including the first Canada Arab investment conference in Toronto and our annual Businesss Forum in Ottawa;
- Led 3 missions to the region focused on SMEs, oil & gas, healthcare;
- Held 3 seminars in Toronto and Calgary dealing with renewable energy in Saudi Arabia, business conditions in UAE, and how to do business in Arab countries;
- Negotiated preferential rates for members with several airlines and hotels;
- Surveyed members and other companies active in the region to identify obstacles, frame recommendations for governments and shape CABC member services.
- Revamped the website.
Let us help you generate more opportunities for your organization. Click here.
Canada Arab Business Council Annual Business Forum and Gala Dinner
April 11, 2017
Hilton Lac Leamy Hotel, Gatineau Quebec
The Canada Arab Business Council’s annual Forum & Gala Dinner exceeded expectations. Over 180 business men and women from Canada and Arab countries met during the day and over dinner to discuss the importance of building strong partnerships and to hear from a roster of knowledgeable speakers led by Canada’s Minister of Internatioanl Trade, the Honourable Francois-Philippe Champagne. Former Bank of Canada Governor David Dodge started the day by outlining the changing global economy facing businesses today followed by expert panels discussing opportunities and challenges in infrastructure, energy, skills transfer and advanced technologies. A final session on unlocking potential between Canada and Arab countries engaged government and private sector speakers from Canada and the region.
A highlight of the Forum & Dinner was the participation of the largest Algerian business delegation ever to visit Canada. The 30 member group was led by Mr. Ali Haddad, Chair of the Forum of Business Leaders, Algeria’s bigest employers organization, and was accompanied by Canadian ambassador Isabelle Roy.
Minister of International Trade
“Canada is proud of the many ties we share with our Arab partners.
And certainly the Canada Arab Business Council has played a very big role in strengthening and solidifying those ties, as well as with communities across Canada.”
Results of Canada Arab Business Survey
In 2016, the CABC surveyed members and other companies doing business between Canada and Arab countries to identify the opportunities and challenges they face in the region and in Canada. The Council will use the results from the survey to frame recommendations for governments to facilitate two-way trade and investment and to strengthen services to CABC members. The survey was conducted by Daniela Stratulativ, CABC’s Policy & Business Strategy Advisor. The Council thanks Etihad Airways for their support for the survey.
Click here to see the Survey results.